The Rethink! Smart Manufacturing is the strategy event for production executives and plant managers to discuss current projects, latest developments, emerging technologies and trends in the area of Smart Manufacturing, Lean Management and Operational Excellence. It is the networking platform for top-level decision makers to exchange experience and to find new ideas and solutions for tomorrow’s digital strategy.
Here we share with you an exclusive video case study from Peter Seiter, Director PM-ODG-S at Merck KGaA on “Complexity of logistic processes – Forecasting and digitalization of the supply chain”.
Companies that want to create competitive advantages through an agile and efficient supply chain depend on digitization. Peter Seitel presents his experiences regarding the harmonization of production, analytics and logistics in the process industry.
- Storage and retrieval of raw materials, intermediate and end products in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries under the aspects of Safety & Quality Management
- Stable processes in a complex logistic environment with increasing volumes
- Adaptation of the demand situation to different business models and IT systems for shared assets/facilities of different business units
- Challenges in harmonizing functional times of production, analytics and logistics in the GMP and hazardous goods environment
- View on future strategies in order to fulfill legal and customer requirements with usage of digital systems
Do you want to learn more?
Join ScaleUp 360° Smart Maintenance 4.0 Europe